Saturday, July 11, 2009

Am I Horrible?

I know that it's been a while since I have posted...not much has happened over the last few days. Today was a bit emotional though. I gave Leilani her first bit of formula today. A friend of mine had told me that to get her lil one to sleep through the night she would give her some formula for her night feeding. Leilani I have been feeling like my lil mama hasn't been getting satisfied with my milk. I have noticed that my milk supply seems to be lacking. So I thought that I would try the formula to see how it would be for her. Needless to say it took me almost 25 minutes just to bring myself to put the bottle in her mouth. She sucked down about 2 oz of it and fell to sleep. I love my lil girl and I want the absolute best for her. Why am I sooo brain washed about this whole formula and breast milk thing? I don't know why I feel horrible. Its hard to think about the fact that I just gave my lil girl artificial milk....should I feel like a failure? I really think that I am blowing this whole ordeal out of proportion....Maybe I will feel better in the morning.....

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I gave Branson his first bottle...it's hard but keep working at it your supply will get there!!:)I have two healthy children who were breastfed and formula fed...they are fine and trust me Leilani will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serena!! I was just thinking that you should join www.mamsource.com it's where moms in our area ask and answer questions...I love this website people ask any and everything!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Harker heights, TX, United States